Singapore Dreaming

0 comments   Tuesday, September 12, 2006

the army's giving out free tickets to the local film "Singapore Dreaming", and HAN called me at 12pm and said that the movie will be screened at 2:45pm... so i continued to laze around.... then he called up again at 1:50pm...


HAN: "aye, where are you ah ? the movie starting at 2:25pm leh"
Tim: "i thought u said 2:45pm !!!"
HAN: "issit ? where are you now ?"
Tim: "at home lah..."
HAN: "huh!!! u still at home ah? faster come !!!!



and i got ready as fast as I could and zoomed out of the house... and yes, I gave up my seat in the train today to a lady with a child... =)

arrived there at 2:30pm, and met HAN who was waiting at the lobby for me... we quickly rushed up to the cinema, and hey hey~ SAF giving free pop-corn and drinks too ! not bad ah, taking great efforts to brain-wash/promote local films by paying with TAXPAYERS MONEY ! =P

the show's not bad actually (cause it's free, and i get free pop-corn & drinks too), but I wouldn't pay $8.50 to watch a movie where people actually converse in HOKKIEN in the 1st part of the show... and it feels kinda wierd somehow too...



a small peek into what our mothers always used to tell us...


and apparently, I didn't knew that the cinema was practically filled with people from my camp ! went KLKK with the guys afterwards at HEREEN, and I did spotted some nice shirts there.. =)

went to Auntie Susan's place in the evening for dinner, and also to teach Shermaine guitar... it's her 3rd lesson already...