escape theme park

0 comments   Sunday, July 10, 2005

we're supposed to go to the Escape Theme Park after service today, which I thought was postphoned but it wasn't ... Keli went to Lindy's place to get shorts, so I decided to borrow a tee from her brother, Desmond ... we went to her place in Bro Chai Joo's van, and waited downstairs for her to come down ...

we had lunch at the coffeeshop nearby, in which I ordered "Mince Pork Noodles" and shared a bowl of dumplings with Junxiong ... the noodles were GREAT ! the pork slice wasn't dry at all, and the noodles were just right ... *slurp*

and it seems that there was some sorta 20% discount when you pay by POSB, so the entrance fee costs only $13 ... =)

after putting all of our baggies in the locker, we wasted no time and hopped onto the first ride ... it's sorta like a tea-cup thingy, which I thought only the seat and whole thing would just rotate very fast ... but I didn't expect it to go UP, and I mean very high UP ! felt a few Gs at first, but after a while it got ok (thanks God) ... I haven't sat such rides in ages, and had freaky experiences back then when I was younger ...

next, we sat the "Viking Ship", in which we took the corner-most seat ... Keli was sitting on my left, and no way could I show any fear in my expression (cannot lose face) ... it started off fine at first, but when it got SO HIGH ... one can really feel the weightless effect ! i tried not to grip onto the handlebars too tightly to just feel the Gs and get used to them, and suprisingly it was rather OK ! hahaz~

feeling a little victorious over the mini-conquest over my fears, I wanted to take on as many rides as possible ... went to some cart-ride in the dark, in which it was 4 to a cart ... I was behind with Junxiong, while Keli sat in fron with Agnus ... the cart climbed up to a great height at first, and I thought it was going to zoom all the way down ... braced myself for the decent, and thankfully there wasn't any fall from that height ! *phew*

after the ride, we quickly proceeded to queue for the Go-Kart in which all 7 of us raced together ... I took the first one, and maintained the lead for the 1st round ... but it didn't have much horsepower to climb up the spiral ramp, leaving me to watch Keli overtake me slowly from the outer lane ... I tried to get the lead back, and stepped on it on my way down, even doing a little drift-thingy to overtake her at the outer-lane of the right-turn at the bottom of the slope (inspired by Initial D), but it seemed that I was no Takumi ...

it rained right after our turn on the Go-Kart, and so we went to the game stores portion to take cover ... after the rain, I sat the "Pepsi-Cola" ride with Zhiyang, in which it was a little like our first ride, only that you get to flip 360 degrees in the air ... tried about 3 times ? but when I sat with Junxiong, he didn't look too good when we finally got a chance to flip a whole 360 degrees turn while going down !

we went to Go-Kart again, and I took a new #27 kart which was blazing fast ! you can feel yourself going to the sides whenever you take a turn ... can do a little drift too ! sweet~

the girls wanted to get wet in some ride that resembles the one in Haw Par Villa, and so I sat the Viking ship twice to kill time ... I sorta got numb to the ride by then I guess ... hahaz~

to finish off the day, we went into the Haunter Mansion ... the girls went in before already, but Agnus realised that it was differnt from when they last went in ! the guys took the lead, with the girls following behind with buried head ... lolz~